Who doesn’t like a nice bowl of hot soup on a cold wintery day?
First of all, for it to be full of all the goodness and vitamins and nutrients that the vegetables contains, it needs to be PROPER and REAL soup. All the pre-made tins, cartons and sachets are processed, full of additives and therefore not what your body needs, with a health value benefit of ZERO!
Here’s a nice and simple and easy recipe, made with real ingredients, very easy to make and that will not disappoint. Make sure all the ingredients you have a fresh and whole. If you hate peeling and chopping up, you always get the option of fresh bags of diced vegetables (although in my opinion it is best to do that yourself, as vegetables that have been peeled and diced for even just a couple of hours, start losing their content of vitamins…).
- 2 large white onions
- 2 leeks
- 4-5 carrots
- 1 small swede
- half a white cabbage
- 2 potatoes
- 1-2 spoonfuls of olive oil
- salt, pepper, and herbs (to your own taste)
The process is very simple, you only need to count to 3…
- peel and dice in onions and chuck them in a pan with the oil on low heat, add the sliced leeks and cover until the onions are soft.
- peel and dice all the vegetables then add them in the pan
- cover all with water, add salt and pepper and whatever other herbs and spices you want to add, bring to boil, then cover and leave it simmering on low heat for around half hour until the vegetables are cooked and soft.
Et Voilá! Bon appétit!!